We recognize that many small to medium sized businesses are most at risk during this crisis. While Federal and Provincial support initiatives continue to evolve, the hard costs of doing business remain and are especially impactful to those merchants who have been mandated to close.
The Emergency Relief Fund, created jointly through financial and in-kind contributions of the Mission Downtown Business Association, Mission Regional Chamber of Commerce and Community Futures North Fraser, offers fund of up to $2,500 to support immediate business operation needs. There will be 3 intake deadlines – July 15th, September 15th, November 15th 2020.
- You are a local Mission business comprised of 1-26 employees
- Your focus is on business resilience and resumption of regular operations once the current pandemic situation has been resolved and the government lifts restrictions
- Must have been in business for at least 6 months prior to March 15th, 2020.
Preference will be given to:
- You are a business/sector that has been particularly hard hit or mandated to close under current provincial orders since March 15th;
- Your needs are not yet supported by existing government programs or subsidies;
- You hold a business license in good standing to operate in the District of Mission; Please include an attachment of your business license.
Consideration is given to:
- A member of the Downtown Business Association or a Member of the Mission Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Have demonstrated innovation and adaptability to pivot in the current COVID-19 environment
We reserve the right to not award the Emergency Business Relief Fund for any reason.
1st intake deadline: July 15th, 2020
2nd intake deadline: September 15th, 2020
3rd intake deadline: November 15th, 2020