Self-Employment Training and Financial Support
The self employment training starts with business workshops that guide you through writing a business plan. The workshops run over several weeks at a pace that allows you to complete each section of the plan as you go. Once complete you’ll have a finished business plan and the training to start a business. You will also receive ongoing business coaching to help you run your business.
This training is designed to support the Self-Employment program offered through the Mission WorkBC office. Some participants may be eligible for financial support and should contact the WorkBC office in Mission for more information. Participants who are not eligible for funding through WorkBC can still enroll in these workshops and can contact Community Futures North Fraser for more information.
North Fraser Education Series Workshops
Watch for our next Education Series workshop or sign up for our emails for workshop info as soon as they are announced.
Self-Employment for Entrepreneurs Managing Ongoing Health or Disability Issues
Do you have a business idea? Do you have a health or disability issue? This six month program can help you launch your business, and you may be eligible for living support while you start your business. Contact Community Futures or WorkBC for the next intake.
Program is for Entrepreneurs Who:
- Self-disclose a disability or ongoing health issue
- Have a viable business idea
- Need support to overcome a barrier to entrepreneurship
- A business that provides any level of supplemental income may be considered
- The business can be full-time or part-time
The Program Includes:
- Business plan workshops
- Mentorship and support
- Ongoing business coaching after you launch your business
- Funding may be available for living support and adoptive technology